125 Best Research Paper Topics of 2021
When you get into high school, you are not aware of the number of responsibilities you might have to face over your academics, making you feel clogged and exhausted, especially when writing and submitting research papers on time.
One of the most challenging parts of writing a research paper is to find a perfect topic to write. Luckily, we have done all the hard work for you and have created a list of 125 fascinating research paper topics.
For your further convenience, we have organized the topics into different categories covering a wide range of subjects so you can easily choose the best topic according to your interest and knowledge.
Besides the list of good research topics, I have also talked about selecting a good research topic and how you can use your subject to start writing an excellent paper.
How to Select a Perfect Research Paper Topic?
Before you start writing, you need to make sure you choose a great topic. Below mentioned are the three crucial factors to contemplate before selecting the best research paper topics.
Choosing a field, you are interested in
It is difficult to find a research paper topic because most high-school students are confused about selecting their major. However, you can always select an area of interest.
There are always specific research topics on trending. Many people seem interested in writing about the buzzing topics; never feel tempted or go with the crowd and make it your subject unless you genuinely have some interest in it.
There is enough information to foster your research.
Once you have chosen the best research paper topic and you're happy to write about it, it is still challenging to produce a good paper if there isn't enough information about the subject.
This is possible for very particular or specialized topics, and sometimes some topics are too new to have enough research conducted on them at the moment. Simple topics will always have more than enough information to write a full-length paper. Writing a research paper on a topic that does not have enough information is extremely hard. Before you take up a topic, do primary research and make sure you have all the essential information to write your research paper.
The research paper fits your teacher guidelines.
Always note down any specific requirements or restrictions your teacher may have implemented on some research topic ideas. If you are writing a research paper on a political science topic, deciding to write about technology’s impact on sports won’t be allowed. Still, there can be some sort of flexibility.
For example, if you want to write about the “Portrayal of minorities by Media” and your teacher wants you to write about “History,” you can combine both topics and develop something relevant. Like “How the portrayal of minorities by media go a long way back.” You can also use companies, like do my essay, to help you write your research paper.
125 Best Research Paper Topics of 2021
For your convenience, we have organized the topics into different categories. It will also make it easier to find the type of research paper topics you're looking for.
Simple research paper topics
- How important is diversity within the team, and why?
- What makes one sport more accepted than another?
- How would the world be different without the discoveries of Albert Einstein?
- Rise of anime; what made anime admired worldwide?
- Is the traditional music of a country foremost than the international music that is popular around the world?
- What causes people to change their leisure time activities as they get older?
- What is the best way to deal with procrastination?
- What are hobbies more favored with children and adults in your area?
- Are there hobbies you can easily do in your own country but not so comfortable when you go to another country? Why?
- What are stereotypes of people from your country, and how true are those?
Interesting research paper topics
- How true is it that older people are wiser and correct, always right in their choices?
- Can technology cause a gap between generations?
- How different are friendships between men from friendships between women, and why?
- Can amusement parks have an educational motive aside from an entertaining one?
- What things make people in your country happy?
- What are the pros and cons of plastic surgery?
- Does beauty, in general, decide how much a person will be happy and successful in life?
- What other common sayings such as “Actions speak louder than words” exist in your language, and what life lessons they teach?
- What makes Nordic regions happier and more prosperous than others?
- Ways to communicate better with family, friends, colleagues, and strangers?
Controversial topics for research paper
These topics might stimulate terrible responses from some people because most of these subjects are controversial and are likely to raise some issues. Be careful before writing about such topics.
- What is the context of all terrorist attacks in the world?
- How to deal with a large number of immigrants?
- How to prevent a rise in the number of homeless children?
- What is the proper punishment for serial killers and rapists?
- Will religion survive the future? Explain
Aggressive research topics
- Are video games the reason for more antisocial people?
- What makes communism the best political system in the world?
- How will a rise in the minimum wage help increase economic mobility?
- Should steroids be allowed in sports?
- What can things be done on an individual level to prevent cyberbullying?
Research topics by different fields of study
In different fields of study, you can tell your brain to perform innovatively. Here, you can carry out extensive research to put forward new opinions.
- What were the devastating impacts of British rule in India?
- What events led to the fall of the Roman Empire?
- Was it necessary to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
- Who was responsible for the Iran-Contra situation?
- What caused the Soviet Union to invade Afghanistan?
- What are the important events in the history of Latin America?
- How did Greece become a huge philosophical hub in ancient times?
- How did people study foreign languages before the 19th century?
- Who profited the most from wars in the Middle Ages?
- What caused Hitler's rise to power?
- How deadly is the Earth’s climate change in the past few decades?
- How have previous oil spills changed regulations and cleaning methods?
- Make a detailed analysis of deforestation rates globally over a while.
- Impacts of Paris Climate Agreement on environment
- How to improve access to clean water around the world?
- Should developed countries rely more on nuclear energy?
- What to do to save amphibian species which are presently at risk of extinction?
- What impacts has climate change had on coral reefs?
- How are black holes created?
- Why has the number of natural disasters increased in the past few decades?
- What can health issues be caused by emotional stress?
- What are the most effective ways to treat depression?
- What are the advantages and drawbacks of the Keto diet?
- How do the healthcare plans of different countries vary from each other?
- How to lower blood pressure using natural herbs?
- Is it appropriate for parents to skip vaccination?
- How can you encourage obese people to change their lifestyles?
- What are the cons of genetically modified foods?
- Explain the history and impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
- How much work out/ exercise should the average adult be getting each week?
- How is business etiquette changed in the past decade?
- How can the understanding of culture change the way you do business?
- Who are the exceptional businessmen in the 21st century?
- Who are the exceptional businesswomen in the 21st century?
- What are the traits of team leaders, and how to become one?
- Why is the cause in the rise of the popularity of stock markets?
- What are the pros and cons of an all-female working environment?
- The difference in Islamic banking systems from traditional ones?
- What are the effects of gold and diamonds on the economy?
- How do offshore bank accounts work – the case of Panama papers?
- Analyze the history and future of self-driving vehicles.
- How the invention of drones changed surveillance and warfare methods?
- Why has social media made people less connected to reality?
- Rise of Artificial Intelligence? Explain
- Do smartphones improve or reduce workplace productivity?
- What are the most effective ways to use technology in the classroom?
- How is social media manipulating and causing depression?
- What is the history behind the Internet of Things?
- Can everything be solar-powered?
- What is the distinction between open and closed systems?
- Why did we stop believing in multiple gods?
- Are religion and spirituality connected?
- What is Karma?
- Why are teenagers less religious than older people?
- How are terrorist attacks affecting religion?
- What are the new ideologies becoming popular?
- How are Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism connected?
- Teachings of Hinduism (you can choose any religion)
- What influence do religions have on the perception of right and wrong?
- Can other religions help to change the view of women in Arabic cultures?
- Are social media making us lonely, empty from the inside, and unsociable?
- How to protect children online?
- What are some techniques to identify pedophiles on social media?
- Why do people have the want to post everything online?
- How to prevent cyber-bullying?
- Can LinkedIn help people find jobs or further education?
- How to make a break from social media?
- Why are more adolescent generations obsessed with the number of followers and likes?
- How bad is social media addiction?
- Who are world-famous influencers on social media?
- What is causing the rise in popularity of classical music?
- Why are world-famous musicians more prone to become drug abusers?
- History and the rise of hip-hop culture
- Why do people listen to sad music when they do not feel good?
- What happens to your mind when you listen to 432 HZ frequency music?
- How is the US education system different from the education systems in other countries?
- Impact of college debt on the future life choices of students?
- What benefits do physical education classes have on students' health?
- Do children who attend preschool excel in school in the future?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Montessori Method?
- Do students learn better in same-sex classrooms?
- Do students who get free meals at school get higher grades than those who do not receive any free meal?
- Impact of technology on studies
- What was the impact of the No Child Left Behind act?
- Homeschoolers VS Traditional school; who performs better in the college
- How have the motives of feminists changed over the decades?
- What are the impacts of China’s one-child policy?
- What factors gave rise to the current decline in the rate of unemployment?
- Difference between US immigration laws and immigration laws of other countries
- Explain the history of the relationship between the United States and North Korea.
- Explain Brexit
- What factors contributed to China becoming a superpower?
- How has the “Black Lives Matter” movement affected the view about racism in the world?
- How will India become a superpower in 2050?
- History and rise of Bitcoin and another cryptocurrency
Make sure to do your research before you start writing. You do not have to make a mistake to start writing your research paper and then learn that there is not enough information to foster your research.
In some cases, your research can contradict the points you are trying to explain. Get most of your research done before your start writing. Create an outline to understand your flow. This will help keep your paper clear and structured, and you will get clarity to produce a strong report.